PitchFest 2018 dates:
14th April 2018
7th July 2018
4th August 2018
Our high-impact PitchFest day at Oxford connects you to angel investors, venture capitalists, corporate VCs, technology transfer professionals, founders and executives of early stage and emerging growth companies, university researchers, incubators and premier service providers.
Apply for PitchFest if you are:
- Seed Stream: Early stage company: You should have raised at least some funding but less than £100k and are seeking < £1M
- Scaling Stream: High growth company: You should have raised more than £100k and are seeking £1M+
Apply here as a start-up, investor or general attendee.
There are three new dates for 2018. We’re taking registrations from start-ups and investors, register now to avoid disappointment.
Dates for 2018:
- 14th April 2018
- 7th July 2018
- 4th August 2018
PitchFest 2018 is planned to be held at Saïd Business School, Oxford University.*
The day includes:
- Investor Panels: Hear from the top VCs and Angel Investors about what matters for growth for both Investors and Start-ups alike.
- Venture Presentations: Discover the most promising early stage and emerging growth technology, life sciences, cleantech and Ed-tech innovators as they present live to leading investors.
- Niche Networking: Connect with investors, start-ups and potential mentors and partners.
PitchFest 2018 provisional agenda
08:30: Registration, networking and welcome coffee
09:30: Inaugural keynote by a high-profile industry speaker
10:00: Start-up issues panel discussion
11:00: Refreshment break, networking, company posters and stands
11:30: Company presentations round 1: Seed stream
12:30: Lunch break, networking, company posters and stands
13:30: Company presentations round 2: Scaling stream
14:30: Tea roundtable networking, company posters and stands
15:30: VC panel discussion
16:30: Awards, announcement and closing keynote
17:30: End of OGV PitchFest and start of growth!
Premier providers who serve start-ups and investors such as banking, branding and back-office operations can market to high growth companies. For sponsorship opportunities please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note OGV contracts with SBS for the use of facilities, but has no formal connection with the University of Oxford or the Saïd Business School.
PitchFest is ideally suited for:
- University spin-outs
- Technology transfer companies
- Government R&D centres
- Mobile applications
- Internet of Things
- Big Data
- Cloud computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Educational Technology
Engineering and Technology:
- Micro and nano-electronics
- Biotechnology/Medical Technologies/PharmaTech
- Advanced materials and Biomaterials
- Advanced manufacturing
- Clean Technology
Extra incentives for attendees:
- A select group of investors looking to invest at least £100k will have special access to shortlisted top companies for an investment opportunity in breakthrough sectors and may be invited to present in a panel of top VCs to share current issues in investing.
- A select group of start-ups will be invited to speak in a panel session and discuss key issues that start-ups face in growing and scaling-up.
- A select group of start-ups will be offered free stand space or poster/roller-banner.
*Please note OGV as an independent entity contracts for the use of facilities and has no formal connection with the owners of these facilities such as the University of Oxford, Oxford Brookes University or others.