The Oxford Global Ventures Entrepreneurship School Week:
9th – 13th April 2018
2nd – 6th July 2018
30th July – 3rd August 2018
Entrepreneurship Education by Entrepreneurs
Oxford Global Venture’s Summer Entrepreneurship School for international growth will host global aspiring entrepreneurs, hosted at Saïd Business School, Oxford University, to expose them to the UK’s entrepreneurship and innovation system for accessing mentors, funding, business and technical partners.* The Oxford Global Ventures Entrepreneurship School is for aspiring entrepreneurs who want to learn from entrepreneurs.
Who can apply?
- Entrepreneurial students with innovative ideas
- Start-ups, university spinouts, incubators and accelerators
- Professional executives
- Technology transfer companies
Dates for 2018:
- 9th – 13th April 2018
- 2nd – 6th July 2018
- 30th July – 3rd August 2018
Ready to apply?
The Entrepreneurship Programme gives you all this:
- Access to Intellectual Property generated by major research organizations (NASA / MIT / Yale /Stanford / Columbia technologies) to help kick-start your idea with potential to licence it for commercialisation
- Learn from entrepreneurs on how to build an international business
- Hear from renowned speakers and industry experts
- Exposure and engagement with Oxford’s innovation cluster
- Commercialization viability analysis for European market
- Training in Lean business and technology development processes
- Training on entrepreneurial business model development
- Networking visits to incubation hubs
- Polishing investment plans to attract global funding
- Pitch competition to industry leaders
- Certificate of attendance
- OGV can also help you set-up base in the UK through company formation and get an entrepreneur visa
OGV has partnered with the Center for Advancing Innovation in the US to curate and identify commercially viable intellectual property from research organizations including federal agencies and Universities such as; NASA, MIT, Yale, Stanford and Columbia, with whom CAI has a partnership, for the use of business ideas within OGV’s entrepreneurship school.
Our entrepreneurship school in Oxford can help you to develop your business idea and evaluate entry options in the UK and to leverage opportunities and partners from one of the world’s top entrepreneurship and innovation ecosystems. The programme includes world-leading speakers, visits to Oxfordshire’s innovation system, and the opportunity to network while being in residence at one of the world’s top global universities.
The course is a one-week long boot camp with presentations, workshops, visits, and networking sessions. At the end of the programme, you will pitch your idea to an expert panel, for awards and potential funding.
Entrepreneurship Programme Timetable (tentative):
The timetable is balanced to enable you to learn from world-class speakers but also to learn from each other and form teams for the pitching contest.
When you work hard, you deserve to play hard too! So we have included a set of excursions as well such as to the Mini car factory, Blenheim Palace, Bicester Village and punting on Oxford canals.
Sample List of speakers and trainers (to be invited):
Note: Speakers are TBC and are drawn from successful UK entrepreneurs, innovators, managers and scholars
- Rosemarie Truman is the founder and CEO of the Center for Advancing Innovation whose mission is to identify breakthrough inventions and maximize their commercial potential. With over 25 years of experience, Rosemarie’s speciality is growth and venture investment strategy, having led growth strategies for 50 of the global Fortune 100 companies in over 15 countries. For her clients and CAI, Rosemarie has architected investment strategies and transformations that have served as the platform for more than 190 new products and an unprecedented $25 billion in profits.
- Didem Ün Ateş is Business Programmes and Operations Director, EMEA, at Microsoft’s Commercial Software Engineering (CSE) team. She is responsible for managing the business operations of the CSE EMEA organization, including budget and resource allocation, people & change management, and operations. CSE team’s mission is to enable high-impact organizations and developer communities; such as corporate, startup, student, and ISV partners; to achieve more and drive the value of Cloud. Didem also supports Wharton Alumni and Columbia Business School Alumni Angel Networks by helping technology startups’ business development and funding efforts.
- Jonas Vibell holds a DPhil in Cognitive Neuroscience from Oxford University and was a Research Fellow at University College London and Harvard University. Jonas has invented and developed cognitive neuroscience-based research to improve economic decision-making, interface brains and computers and extend human capabilities. He has also been a part of a $30M fund to stimulate innovation in Hawaii and support hi-tech products from idea stage to spin-out venture.
- Tom Hockaday is a leading expert in university technology transfer leadership, management and activities. He led the technology transfer activities at the University of Oxford for ten years from 2006 to 2016, having started at Oxford in 2000. Tom has over 27 years experience in Technology Transfer Innovation and provides consulting expertise on the strategy, governance and operations of university-business interactions, university technology transfer and entrepreneurship.
- Kevin Byron is a specialist trainer in enterprise training for higher education and business and research skills, creativity, and personal effectiveness. He is former Enterprise Education Coordinator at Queen Mary, University of London, has a PhD in Applied Physics and over 25 years experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Jacqueline del Castillo is an expert on design thinking and methodology having served as Design Lead for Center for Innovation Mayo Clinic, USA. She studied at Stanford University where she received her BS and MS in Management Science & Engineering with a focus on the practice of innovation and has taught studied at Stanford University where she received her BS and MS in Management Science & Engineering with a focus on the practice of innovation. She has taught at Stanford’s Hasso Plattner Institute of Design and the Berkeley Haas School of Business, along with coaching numerous enterprise teams and governmental agencies on design thinking.
- Husayn Kasai is an established and growing entrepreneur and was President of the Oxford Entrepreneurs Society, Europe’s largest student Entrepreneurship Society. He is the Co-founder and CEO of Onfido Background Checks, which since 2012, has raised over £40 million in investment and has grown to become the largest provider of background checks to the on-demand and sharing economy.
- Alison Grade is a Nesta accredited Creative Enterprise trainer and an experienced media entrepreneur and business developer. She mentors and provides strategic advice to start-ups and established SMEs. She spent 15 years working at a senior level in various media companies – predominantly in international television and film production, rights management and strategy. She holds an MBA (Masters in Business Administration) from INSEAD 2001 and a Management Studies Degree from St John’s College, Cambridge University 1992.
- Andy Poulton is an Internet Marketing specialist advising small businesses on all the ways that they can make the internet work effectively. He is a well-known speaker and his infectious enthusiasm and passion for the subject are reflected in his presentation style. With the growth of the internet and Social Media, he is able to show businesses the many ways in which these channels can be harnessed within marketing plans to secure increased sales.
- Emma Williams is a trained coach who uses empathy and natural sense of fun to make development rewarding and memorable for participants. She has a PhD in Medical Physics and was Head of Academic Practice at the University of Cambridge. Emma has over ten years experience providing clients with bespoke development solutions in time management, career development, introduction to management, exploring team roles using Belbin, assertiveness and professional confidence. She helps individuals find their own light-bulb moment.
- And many more phenomenal speakers…
Workspace, training and meeting facilities will be arranged in Oxford, mainly at the Said Business School. Accommodation will be arranged at one of the Oxford University Colleges.*
Fees for 2018:
- Students (Full-time): £2,450 (Inclusive of UK VAT)
- Professionals: £3,450 (Inclusive of UK VAT)
A booking fee of £500 must be paid upon confirmation from OGV of acceptance. This amount is non‐refundable but will be deducted from the tuition fee. Accommodation, travel, insurance, airport transfers and visa fees are not included.
We will be happy to facilitate accommodation in one of the Oxford colleges, subject to availability.
Prices include UK VAT, currently at 20%
Ready to apply?
Our programme is listed in Europe’s largest summer school directory http://summerschoolsineurope.eu
*Please note OGV as an independent entity contracts for the use of facilities and has no formal connection with the owners of these facilities such as the University of Oxford, Oxford Brookes University or others.